Friday, February 18

Friend Friday!

Yeah, I sure WISH Oprah was my friend. She seems really fun, intelligent and nice. But to be honest, I must be the only woman in America who has never even once watched her TV show (it's nothing personal, I just never watch TV.) However this current issue of O Magazine features my friend, painter Abbey Ryan in the Women who Create Beautiful Things section! What a thrill...way to go Abbey! Get hold of the magazine and it is on p. 38, February 2011 issue.



click to enlarge and read the great article on Abbey and her work!



Dick Ranck giving his packed-house gallery talk at Rosemont last night



Dick Ranck is having a show of his work exploring religion and mythology at Rosemont College in Rosemont, PA. It is entitled The Company I Keep (when i am alone)  The work looks great in the space, glowing with color and vigorous iconic form, both 2D and 3D. It runs through March 25, so you'll have a chance to catch it. For more info on the show click here.


One of my favorite pieces in the exhibit.

Pink, Egg, Cream, photograph, 20 x 16 inches, Sarah Barr

Friend Sarah Barr has a show opening this week at the Cosmopolotan Club in Center City, Philadelphia, PA:
New Work
The Cosmopolitan Club of Philadelphia
1616 Latimer Street
Philadelphia, Pa.
February 25 - March 25
Opening Reception: Friday, February 25, 5 pm

No comments: