Friday, June 10



TECH SUPPORT
from an eleven-year-old. Henry's speech therapist has been trying out a new augmentative communication device for him (the Mini-Mo), essentially a machine that talks for you. Press the appropriate icons and it will say things like "I want chips please." and other phrases of life and death importance! :-) Very useful, except that it has proved extremely difficult for me and Paul to program. The speech therapist also had some trouble, and so she called a meeting with the head of the district's augmentative speech program. I brought along eleven-year-old P, Henry's fraternal twin, thinking that he might be a great help. And boy was I right! Here he is showing both his dad and the speech therapist how to do something tricky on another device, a Springboard. And of course he found the Games option within minutes, something I hadn't even known existed!

No comments: