Friday, May 23



HOME SWEET HOME

If you are a past king of France that is! This is the château of Fontainebleau in the Île-de-France region (about an hour from Paris.) I was visiting people in that area (see my friend Janet's fun blog for a delicious slice of the life there)...and for a visual person such as myself it was unadulterated heaven: so much beauty, all around, all the time. It certainly raises lots of philosophical questions such as "What IS beauty?" I simply have to fall back on the old line of "I can't explain it, but I know it when I see it." My friends were incredibly patient with my constant exclamations and frequent photo-stops. I even managed to do three little paintings during my short (six day) stay, but due to the moist cool weather the paintings were still sopping wet by my departure time, and I had to leave them behind to be sent on later. Somehow I don't mind at all...I like the idea of leaving a little bit of myself there, even just temporarily!



(Sonia, me, Janet, in front of the Louvre.)

No comments: