Friday, September 7



PURPLE
is the theme of PhotoFriday today. I was momentarily stumped...it's not a color I have a lot of in my life. Then I remembered meeting the wonderful Beth Krush at a brunch last month, and that she was wearing a gorgeous purple sweater. You probably know Beth, even if you think you don't. She and her husband Joe are well-known illustrators, and their many projects include The Borrowers, that redoubtable children's classic. The books are very well written of course, but I've always thought that the fantastic illustrations really make the books come alive, amplify and enlarge the text to such a degree, that I can't imagine the books with any other illustrations but those by the Krushes.

So how absolutely appropriate it is that Beth is wearing purple, the color of royalty. In my mind she is a queen amongst illustrators.

No comments: