Sunday, July 29



CREATIVE SPIRIT
I was recently visiting my parents and thinking about how my father, who was a commercial artist for over 40 years and is a highly talented draftsman, still loves art but seems to have no more interest in drawing or painting. He's such a creative guy, that this seemed absolutely baffling. Arriving back home, I uploaded the photos I'd taken on the visit. Suddenly, I think I see what is going on. Our family home is stuffed with dozens and dozens of these beautiful little stick and tissue planes. Now that Dad is retired he pours his creative energy into them and his output is prodigious. The same way that I have many canvases in my studio, at all different stages of completion, Dad always has several planes in process in his studio. Same creative spirit, now in a different medium?

No comments: