Monday, March 5



COLLAGE
done by my ten year old son, H. An assignment to do a collage based on his art class's study unit on Hieronymus Bosch. This actually appalled me somewhat when I found out. If you look with any degree of attention at Bosch's images you will see that they are horror-movie inspiring, nightmare-making and frequently sadistic. Great art though, sure. Just not convinced of their appropriateness for close study by fourth grade children. (But of course nobody asked me, and I only found out after the unit ended. Things like this make me wish I had the guts for homeschooling.)

In any case, this is what H came up with: "Creatures of Creation". It was immediately flagged by his art teacher for inclusion in a district wide student art exhibition! So, that was nice.

No comments: