Monday, July 2



SOFA BATTLE
I love when I find another family who allows their kids to play on the sofas. We are a rare breed. In fact, when my husband and I were shopping for sofas after we bought our first house he revealed something very sweet about his personality. I was admiring a plush light colored velvet but he led me away from that over to a truly hideous black, brown and beige patterned monstrosity. With black leather arm rests yet. I looked at him. "You're kidding, right?" He won me over by saying, "Won't these be perfect for when our kids want to play on them? They won't show the dirt!" Awww...I could not resist that pitch and the monstrosity sofa and its little sister the ugly loveseat lived with us for a long time. (I did discover the joy of slipcovers after a while, thank goodness!)

P.S. This shot had been chosen as a weekly "Favorite" at:

No comments: