Tuesday, February 19



UNCERTAIN FUTURE

sun-painted clouds drift
over the hill, into night-
I pause on my way

************************************

I always wonder about this farm, which is right near Henry's school. I've never seen anyone about except an elder lady at the mailbox occasionally. When I stopped to take this photo last week, she was driving by and paused, motioning at me to see if I was alright. When I pointed to my camera, smiling, she seemed to get the idea and went away with a wave. I could have kicked myself as her tail lights disappeared down the road, wishing I'd thought to ask her a little about this place. But, really, what was I going to ask? "Hi, just wondering how long do you think you'll be able to hold out against the encroaching suburban sprawl?"

No comments: