Sunday, January 29



SO MANY BOOKS...
so little time. And so little room! Soon my bedside table will be as big as the bed. I am on a non-fiction jag lately and here are some of the good ones, in order of sheer size:

Musee de l'Hermitage from the Aurora Press
Conversations with Tom Petty by Paul Zollo
A Bad Woman Feeling Good by Buzzy Jackson
Making Peace with Autism by Susan Senator
Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott
The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
Memories, Dreams, Reflections by C.G. Jung
Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down by Nicey and Wifey
Ghosts in the Garden by Beth Kephart
Jane Austen: a Life by Carol Shields

Some of these are re-reads. I have read Traveling Mercies about three times so far in this life. A line from The Tipping Point perfectly sums up my own feelings: "A book, I was taught long ago in English class, is a living and breathing document that grows richer with each new reading." (page 262)

No comments: