Sunday, January 8



WACKY
I dropped in on my friend Roz today, and while she fixed coffee I roamed around her house with my trusty camera at the ready. And sure enough, there was plenty to delight a photographer's eye, especially this delightful tableaux on the mantelpiece. There is something so engaging about the roguish yet friendly twinkle in the crocodile's eye as she chomps down on the relentlessly cheerful pedant. Made me want to create a comic strip character: Crazy Croc! If somebody is annoying, well then a quick chomp takes care of that and no hard feelings on either side. Very satisfying. Might be hard to keep drawing all those scales and teeth in every frame though. Seems like something R. Crumb might enjoy, but I don't think I am obsessive enough. Super Slug! would be more my speed.

No comments: