Friday, April 4



WHERE'S THE BEEF?
At yesterday's neighborhood political meeting for undecided women the cuisine was wonderfully girly-delicious. I noticed that the first trays to empty were those with the veggies and cheeses (obviously people are still clinging to their low-carb diets), followed after a pause by the fruit platters (at least it's high fiber right?) As the evening wore on, I saw people deciding "Oh what the hell?" and hands sneaking furtively towards the brownies and cookies. All washed down with Diet Coke and wine (red or white!)

Of course, I was also paying close attention to the political speakers who were all very interesting indeed. But I couldn't help amusing myself at the same time by wondering what would be served at a similar meeting for undecided men (if such creatures exist?) Maybe sausages, nachos and beer? ;-)

No comments: