Thursday, November 9



FENCE FLOWER
Eager to paint as many nasturtiums as humanly possible this season I planted nasturtium seeds all over my garden. I like all the color variations, but I was hoping this year for some of those pale cream-colored ones. Or maybe that cool lemony yellow shade. Unfortunately, my local grocery store (where I buy my seeds) doesn't get into such rarified choices. You can buy a pack of mixed color climbing or a packet of mixed color non-climbing and that is it. I got both packets and planted like a crazy woman.

However, the color gods were laughing at me this year, and all the "mixed color" I got was in the different intensities of the orange shade shared by all. Some light, some dark, some stripey, some solid, but all orange. Darn it! But still, they are a lovesome sight.

No comments: