Tuesday, November 21



WHOOPS!
Youngest son H was giving me a fabulous demonstration of ninja-esque stick twirling and throwing. Of course as soon as I got out my camera he dropped it. Made a good candid shot though.

When my children run up and tell me they want to show me something, I (usually) drop what I am doing and go see. I understand how dear and fleeting these moments are, maybe because of having one child with autism. If ONLY Henry would run up and tell me he wants to show me something! Probably not ever going to happen because a) he can't talk and b) he has no great interest in pleasing me or showing off his prowess. These are issues which make it hard to get him to learn new things if you think about the reasons you learned things as a child. "Look Mom!" was a powerful incentive.

No comments: