Wednesday, November 22



MOMENTARY LIGHT
The autumn sun crept in the window at a new angle and hit this vase of past-their-prime nasturtiums. For a few breathtaking minutes they took on an otherworldly brilliance and clarity beyond anything I have ever seen. Every vein in leaf and blossom stood out in sharp relief, filled with glowing light. A short time later the beam of light moved on, and they were again their mundane form, a simple glass vase of slightly decayed garden flowers. I was glad I happened to be walking by at the right moment.

And this reminds me that I had better dump this bouquet on the compost pile: relatives coming tomorrow for Thanksgiving and unless they come at the exact right time they are going to wonder about my penchant for decorating with semi-dead flowers!

No comments: